Web development is a broad term for the work involved in developing a web site for the Internet (World Wide Web) or an intranet (a private network). This can include web design, web content development, client liaison, client-side/server-side scripting, web server and network security configuration, and e-commerce development. However, among web professionals, “web development” usually refers to the main non-design aspects of building web sites: writing markup and coding. Web development can range from developing the simplest static single page of plain text to the most complex web-based internet applications, electronic businesses, or social network services.
Web 1.0 is an early technology of the website, where the maker as a conduit of information and the user only as a reader (such as reading newspapers by computer, just searching activities only). Language used on the web is still a HTML course.
Web 2.0 is initially centered on the consumer reader / access of developing personally and also began to focus on corporate users. According to Coach Wei (2006) Web 2.0 consumer-centered he called Consumer 2.0 evolved into Enterprise 2.0. Web 2.0 applications that dominated the early development of enabling readers to interact with news makers and other readers, the Enterprise 2.0 application is used to support the company’s operations.
The advantages of Web 2.0 is as :
*) The Web as Platform (The execution of an application / writings can be directly done on the internet without having to do it first in the windows desktop)
*) Harnessing Collective Intelligence (Web 2.0 memiliki kinerja untuk memanfaatkan tulisan orang lain untuk mengisi konten web secara kolektif (tidak hanya webmaster yang mengisi konten sendiri), contohnya seperti youtube)
*) Data is the Next Intel Inside (is a guarantee of confidence from the data provider to the owner of the website that the web 2.0 era of data is essential and must be updated each time)
*) End of the Software Release Cycle (in a web 2.0 application software can be used directly via the Internet / Internet became a platform to run the program)
*) Lightweight Programming Models (web 2.0 making use of mild language and supports developing a program)
Web 3.0 is, it happened very close convergence between the IT world with the world of telecommunications. Actually, this concept was introduced by Tim Berners-Lee since 2001, but is still very little to implement Web 3.0 website. Web 3.0 has a concept where people can communicate with search engines. Web 3.0 has some ability:
*) Semantic Web. A web site with the ability to read human being as easy to read. Of the information needed by humans can easily tersajikan with correlation information accurately and quickly.
*) The 3D Web. Web more interesting with three-dimensional visual capability. We can visit various places in the virtual world with the ability to access data and interaction in realtime without leaving home.
*) The Media-Centric Web. Keyword is no longer the only way to get the information that we are headed. Photo, audio, video will be another way to find the information we want.
*) The Pervasive Web. Web will be easily accessible by various means and devices. Not having to use a computer or laptop. A variety of mobile devices were now very much in favor.
Web Development can be split into many areas and a typical and basic web development hierarchy might consist of:
Client Side Coding
- Flash Adobe Flash Player is an ubiquitous browser plugin ready for RIAs. Flex 2 is also deployed to the Flash Player (version 9+).
- Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft’s browser plugin that enables animation, vector graphics and high-definition video playback, programmed using XAML and .NET programming languages.
- HTML5 and CSS3 Latest HTML proposed standard combined with the latest proposed standard for CSS natively supports much of the client-side functionality provided by other frameworks such as Flash and Silverlight
Some more advanced web developers will also have these interdisciplinary skills / roles:
- GUI (Graphic User Interface) design
- Audio, Video and Animation processing & encoding (for web usage)
- Flash Capabilities (animation, audio, video, scripting)
- Web content management system Deployment and/or Content management infrastructure design, development and integration
- Web applications development, integration and deployment
- Web server stress testing (how much traffic can a web server running a specific application endure before collapsing)
- Web site security analysis & testing
- Web site code optimization (which is an important aspect of search engine optimization)
- Project management, QA and other aspects common to IT development
Untuk yang versi Indonesianya bisa di download DISINI